High Court – Prince Harry settles with Mirror Publisher – over phone hacking
High Court – Prince Harry settles with Mirror Publisher
Outside the High Court after Prince Harry settled with the publisher of The Mirror over claims related to phone hacking.
The royal had accused the newspaper group of unlawfully gathering information to write stories about him.
In December, he won 15 claims in his case, with the High Court ruling there had been “widespread and habitual” use of phone hacking at Mirror newspapers.
At today’s hearing, the prince’s lawyer, David Sherborne, said MGN had agreed to settle the remaining parts of the duke’s claim and pay damages and costs.
Sherborne added that the Mirror group had agreed to make a costs payment of about £400,000, with further costs to be assessed.
The Mirror group said: newspapers “pleased” to reach the agreement and “move forward from events that took place many years ago.
The prince did not appear in court today. He returned to America this week after visiting his father King Charles following his cancer diagnosis
Kelvin MacKenzie, former editor of the Sun newspaper, says he has no “sympathy” for Prince Harry following the settling of his phone hacking claim.
Judge: Costs of preparing a trial and trying the generic issues treated as common costs by both sides.
Subscribe to ynuk.tv daily news feed and be notified and the first to know when new videos or live streams posted.
Experience watching videos on the go. If you have a signal you have YourNewsUKtv. Just key in ynuk.tv on your smart phone or tablet and you’re in.
Hope you enjoy your visit. Let us have your reaction. Drop by our comment box and leave your views on our videos and channel. We’re here 24/7 and enjoy chatting.
Prince Harry criticises #PiersMorgan after Mirror hacking case settled, watch prince’s lawyer outside High Court https://t.co/EUHGuxQzN7 there’s a substantial settlement #princeharry #mirrorgroup #phonehacking #ynuktv pic.twitter.com/DENvcdJQfQ
— YourNewsUKtv (@YourNewsUKtv) February 9, 2024