Key to Building Resilience – global study. Meet Bear Grylls and Jonny Wilkinson
An international study looking into the effects of the Covid-19 outbreak on family life reveals close personal connections. Also an appetite for exploration, and hunger to make and learn are the keys to building personal resilience.
The ‘Project Discovery’ research conducted by Land Rover, showed that 87% of highly resilient people prioritise time with their family and loved ones over everything else.
Highly resilient people are 40% more likely to want to explore and discover new places, compared to people with low resilience.
Other key findings include:
- 79% of people with high resilience take their physical and mental health seriously and have engaged with new activities.
- 72% of highly resilient people find joy in learning new things – 41% higher than people who returned low resilience scores.
- People with high resilience are 61% per more likely to have an active interest in news and current affairs.
- 75% of highly resilient people take part in creative activities to ‘make’ rather than consume.
- Over 65s were twice as likely to be highly resilient than 18-24 year olds – indicating resilience is something that can be built over time.
The results show that most people can take steps to improve their resilience. National lockdowns and social restrictions have forced communities across the world to change and adapt. 73% of people in the study begin a new pastime, exercise regime, hobby or habit since the beginning of the global pandemic last year. And 93% of those plan to keep up the new activity in 2021.
How would you rate your resilience? Are you active?
Welcome to the fresh style of ynuk.tv We hope you are safe and well. We love broadcasting and want you to enjoy your viewing. It you’ve got any suggestions don’t hesitate to connect we want to hear from you.
Experience watching videos on the go. No matter where you are if you have a signal you have YourNewsUKtv. Just key in ynuk.tv and you’re there.
Subscribe to our daily news feed and be notified and the first to know when new videos or live streams have been posted. Stay connected with us we love having you.
Hope you enjoy your visit. Let us have your reaction. Drop by our comment box and leave us your views about our videos and channel.