Nine die of Covid-19 at Kent Care Home – let down by system
The owner of a care home in Kent where nine of its 22 residents have died after testing positive for Covid-19 has called for a public inquiry. One resident, a 96-year-old veteran, returned from William Harvey Hospital, in Ashford, before receiving a Covid-19 test result.
Roger Waluube, who runs Pelham House in Folkestone, said the home had been through a “living nightmare”. Especially after the “abandonment of the care home sector”.
Up to 18 of its 20 residents contracted Covid-19 and until 18 June nine had died from the virus.
Mr Waluube believes residents at the home ” treated in a deplorable way”. He said there were too many failings in the support for the home. The owner said it was “wholly inadequate”.
Ministers said a review would have to happen after the pandemic.
video courtesy: RomneyMarshTV – RMTV
Reporter: Andrew South – RMTV
Cameraman: Kerry King – RMTV
For more: email@example.com
Welcome to the fresh style of ynuk.tv We hope you are safe and well. We love broadcasting and want you to enjoy your viewing. If you’ve got any suggestions don’t hesitate to connect we want to hear from you.
Experience watching videos on the go. No matter where you are if you have a signal you have YourNewsUKtv. Just key in ynuk.tv on your smart phone or tablet and you’re there.
Subscribe to our daily news feed and be notified and the first to know when new videos or live streams have been posted.
Stay connected with us we love having you. Hope you enjoy your visit. Let us have your reaction. Drop by our comment box and leave your views on our videos and channel.
— YourNewsUKtv (@YourNewsUKtv) June 18, 2020